10 Steps Meditation Guide for Beginners
Daisy is a Yoga expert and lover. Daisy lived many…
Meditation Introduction to Beginners.
Nowadays, our daily lives get hectic, leaving us no time for ourselves. We often crave some peaceful time to get on with our day. Meditation helps us experience that inner peace. It increases our awareness and attention. Meditation is an exercise for your brain. It is a conscious effort of mindfulness, where you constantly concentrate on your breathing pattern. Studies have found out that meditation has a positive impact on the mind and body. It helps calm the nerves and reduce any symptoms of anxiety, depression, or high blood pressure. Meditation improves our emotional well-being, which helps us develop empathy for ourselves and others around us. It has even been proven to enhance the immunity of our body.
How to practice meditation?
Beginners often find it challenging to meditate. It always takes some time to build a habit and practice it daily. A little guidance is always helpful that will help you to meditate correctly. So don’t be too hard on yourself if you find it tough to concentrate because we have you covered.
A few steps to get started with meditation are:
- Choose your comfort spot in the house, where you feel most relaxed. Turn off all your electronic devices and live in the present moment.
- Decide a time limit for your sessions. As a beginner, it’s often advised to start with a shorter period, like 2 min or 5-10 min.
- Choose some relaxing music to get you even more relaxed. This is tried and tested, calming music in the background helps increase the concentration.
- Now, get in a comfortable position and cross your legs with your back straight and tall.
- The next step is to gently close your eyes and focus all your attention on inhaling and exhaling.
- While doing this, you must start focussing on every part of your body, starting from your toes and gently moving up towards your head.
- You must feel your lungs expand as you inhale and contract as you exhale.
- Your mind may start to wander. For beginners, it is quite difficult to free the mind from distractions. This is where meditation comes into play. It helps us manage our distractions and strengthen our minds.
- Every time your mind starts wandering, you must immediately bring your attention back to breathing.
- When you are nearing the end of your session, take the final three deep breathes, curl your hands and toes and gently open your eyes. You must feel a lot more relaxed and fresher now.
There are quite a few apps that help beginners to start their meditation journey. One of the best apps out there is Mindfulness.com. They have guided videos and audio that will make your new journey towards meditation simpler and beautiful.
What's Your Reaction?
Daisy is a Yoga expert and lover. Daisy lived many years in India, learning about yoga, meditation, and all the eastern holistic practices that help the mind and the body reach any goal that a human can set. Daisy also enjoys cooking and creating healthy recipes while not teaching yoga or writing for her audience.